The Fossil Safari provides a hands-on discovery of Dinosaur Provincial Park’s rich fossil resource that is accessible only by tour. The park bus takes you to a site in the Natural Preserve where a short walk to a micro-fossil site lets you discover the secrets of fossil-finding.
Learn techniques for identifying the remains of turtles, fish, mammals and, of course, dinosaurs. No digging is involved and all material is left at the site. This program will appeal to families with children who love dinosaurs!
Watch a video about the Fossil Safari.
- This is a 1.75 hour program.
- The difficulty level is rated easy, but be prepared for sitting on the ground, kneeling and standing in the hot sun.
- The Fossil Safari is highly recommended for families. Participants under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult. “Babes in arms” require a full reserved seat even if they are being held by a parent.
- The program is not wheelchair accessible or stroller accessible.
- There is a maximum capacity of 24 participants per program.
- For your comfort and safety, please bring at least 2 litres of water, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Footwear Requirement: Sturdy closed toe and heel footwear is required. No sandals or flip-flops allowed.
- The Fossil Safari starts at the Visitor Centre.
- No smoking is allowed on tours, including on and off the park bus.
Fee: $17/Adult, $10/Youth, $5/Child, $2/Baby, $45/Family